7 tips to create the perfect home office for productivity
Your workspace plays a huge role in your productivity and concentration. Transform your desk space with co-founder and head of interior design at Designbx, Kerena Berry’s tips for creating your ultimate home office space.
1. Choose the right interior design style: find a style that complements your personality. Pinterest is great for collecting images that resonate with you. Or you can create a mood board by cutting out images of colours, textures, furniture and layouts from magazines and arranging them on a flat surface.
2. De-clutter: try the ‘office in a box’ approach. The digital era allows us to have less physical items to work with, so try to fit all of your business necessities into one box or basket – making your office portable too!
3. Bring the outdoors, in: indoor plants can bring life to an office and add natural purification to what might otherwise look like a commercial space. You can also hang ferns on walls and from the ceiling if you like the natural look.
4. Lighting: this can vary depending on your profession but having the right lighting for you is important. For example, programmers require darker spaces to ease strain on the eyes whereas designers prefer natural light to view colours and graphics.
5. Scents: place vaporisers around the office for a fresh and invigorating smell to stimulate productivity and creativity, and to keep spirits high throughout the day.
6. Tap into your creature comforts: design your space to suit your creature habits. If you get inspired in a relaxed environment, try setting oversized beanbags with lap trays in the room to help get your creative juices flowing.
7. Treat yourself: a signature piece such as a vintage rug or a designer chair to use for brainstorming can make the space feel special to you. Williams agrees that adding a comfortable armchair to your office to think and reflect, or a day bed for a power nap, is a great way to take a break from your desk. Studies show that 20-minute power naps when the afternoon slump hits can increase productivity going forward.
The post 7 tips to create the perfect home office for productivity appeared first on Women's Health and Fitness.